Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Taking a dig at Android :)

Today, finally started to write something for mobile platform, should have done this long time back.. buts its never too late right ???

Since heard a lot about Android platform, I decided to go for it.

The good thing is that the SDK is available for Windows platform (unlike for IPhone). I already had a small app in mind which helped me in making sure I learn something, if at all.

Did some research and found that Eclipse IDE is the recommended one with ADT plugin. The great thing was.. it was all free :)

Downloaded the latest 1.5 toolkit from Android and started reading the online help. Is it only me who thinks that Android help layout very closely resembles MSDN? Well, I hate that the help has little to no screenshots which I felt would be very useful especially to explain role of TextAttributes.

Having a past experience with Java, Applets, Layout managers, C#.. it wasnt too difficult to understand the structure of code.. and with the famous copy and paste.. I was off to a good start.

I currently have an app where it emits information stored in the resource file.. I have to build upon it to accept that information from the user, persist data in form of dictionary (in resource file) and fetch data from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog

Well.. its been a while I have been thinking about writing.. not on a particular topic but just random topics, share some experience and stuff like that.

You will get totally random information.. some will be to your liking and some may not be..

Dont forget to provide feedback on my posts.. even if they are crappy :)